ISSN: 1305-9327

 
 

VOLUME: 14 NUMBER: 1
 
 

Login | Register | Forgot Your Password?|



Online article submission system has been turned over to ScopeMed. We kindly request you to submit your current article or new articles via ScopeMed system
COPYRIGHT TRANSFERM FORM
INFORMATION for AUTHORS
Online articles
You will be able to send your articles to our website and view the status of your articles.
Conferences and seminars
You can also obtain general information about the upcoming/future conferences and seminars.

RSS Feed
 
 
15 - Management of cardiac myxoma; tertiary academic center experience
   
Saygin Turkyilmaz, Ali Aycan Kavala
   
  ABSTRACT
   
  Aim: In this study, our clinical experience on cardiac myxoma, being the most frequently seen primary cardiac tumor is presented.

Material and Methods: In the present study, demographic data, presenting symptoms, clinical findings and when deemed necessary, coronary angiography results of 45 primary cardiac myxoma patients who were diagnosed, and operated between November 2010 and July 2016, were evaluated.

Results: Of 45 included cases, 34 (75.6%) had left atrial, the remaining 11 (24.4%) had right atrial myxoma. Postoperative echocardiography was performed with no residual myxoma or recurrence.

Conclusion: Since presenting symptoms are often nonspecific, high degree of clinical suspicion is necessary to diagnose cardiac tumors. The mainstays of current treatment strategy are surgical intervention with complete resection of tumor mass without any complications, and prevention of recurrence.
   
  Keywords
  Myxoma, heart neoplasms, cardiac surgery
   
  To download fulltext click here